The Salvation Army
U.S.A. Central Territory
Graduate Corps Cadet Post-High School Education Scholarship
The Graduate Corps Cadet Post-High School Education Scholarship has been established to provide financial assistance to graduate corps cadets who desire to enroll in an accredited program of Post-High school education. This could be a four year college, junior college, technical school, trade school, etc.
This scholarship is designed to be an incentive for students to engage and complete the corps cadet program. By completing the full course, leaders will have additional time for discipling and equipping young people in their leadership skills and Bible knowledge. We hope this encourages all interested young people to participate in this excellent discipleship program.
A graduate corps cadet will receive $1,000.00 per year (a maximum of $4,000.00) over a four year period for Post-High school education, undergraduate or graduate studies. The Graduate Corps Cadet Post-High School Education Scholarship is not retroactive for previous years of completed Post-High school education.
To be eligible for the Graduate Corps Cadet Post-High School Education Scholarship the applicant must:
1. Be a graduate corps cadet of the U.S.A. Central Territory, completing 5 years/10 courses. Official records will be verified at territorial headquarters.
2. Be an active senior soldier in good standing from the Central Territory. An active senior soldier in good standing means that the student is adhering to the Soldier’s Covenant and regularly attending a local corps during the time of the scholarship if a corps is located near the institution of their choice. If a corps is not near the school, they must regularly be attending a local church.
Obtain application from one of the following:
· The Territorial Youth Department’s website: centralyouthnetwork.com
Applications must be completed and submitted to the Territorial Youth Department by August 15th for each academic year. Late applications will not be accepted.
Online: Graduate Corps Cadet Scholarship Application
By mail: Territorial Youth Department, 5550 Prairie Stone Parkway, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
By email: USC_Youth@usc.salvationarmy.org
Graduate Corps Cadet’s Responsibility:
· Your Divisional Youth Secretary
1. Fill out the application - type or print legibly. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
The Corps Officer’s Responsibility:
Attach the following information:
2. Submit the completed application to your corps officer and all required documentation as mentioned above. Late applications will NOT be accepted.
a. FIRST YEAR of post-high school education
b. 2ND, 3RD, or 4TH YEAR of post-high school education
c. GRADUATE students
d. CADETS, second year may apply provided the four year maximum has not previously been met and they meet the age eligibility
□ An official high school transcript
□ Acceptance letter from the institution you will be attending
□ Proof of registration from the institution showing the total number of hours for which you are enrolled as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours)
□ A copy of the most recent transcript indicating the cumulative number of credits earned AND the cumulative grade point average from the School for Officer’s Training
1. Verify the applicant’s active involvement (attendance and participation at the corps) in The Salvation Army.
Territorial Headquarters’ Responsibility:
2. Verify the name of the church the student has been attending during the semester if there is not a Salvation Army near the institution the student is attending.
3. Sign the completed application.
4. Forward the application to the Territorial Youth Department by August 15th for each academic year. Late applications will NOT be accepted.
1. The Territorial Youth Department will verify the applicant’s graduate corps cadet standing and that all the documentation has been submitted.
2. The Officer Resource and Development Department will process the funds and keep records of monies awarded to each student.
1. Payment for the approved amount will be issued by direct deposit to the indicated account. Please contact us if you are working with a matching grant.
The total amount an applicant can receive will be $4.000.00 over the course of four years.
2. A direct deposit form will be sent with your graduate corps cadet approval letter. Funds will be dispersed once this form has been completed and returned by email to USC_Youth@usc.salvationarmy.org.
3. Should the student drop classes so they are not carrying a full load, the funds must be returned to the Officer Resource and Development Department at Territorial Headquarters.
4. The grant shall not exceed $1000.00 per academic year.